Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hi, my name is Robyn...

and I'm an Etsy junkie. 

For those of you who haven't been to the Etsy website yet, I highly encourage you to do so. However, I can't be held responsible for any addictions that might ensue or for time lost from your family for the hours spent on the website. 

Etsy is a wonderful website that is for selling and buying handmade. If it's handmade you will find it on this site. I am constantly amazed at all of the talented people out there. The Etsy home page changes constantly and I love the way items are displayed. They have themes like black and white, jellyfish, hearts, and polka dots to display items from various artists. That's just one of the ways they get you to look, and then you can look things up by category, like clothing, paper, ceramics. I have so many bookmarks for this site. There are so many creative people out there. I'm in awe of them all. 

I suppose I wouldn't be enough of a junkie if I didn't have my own store. So here it is, introducing Polka Dot Dreams, my own Etsy store. I'm very excited! For now I will be putting up some of my jewelry. I've been sitting on some of it literally for years and I'm tired of looking at it. Hopefully I can sell some of it. Check it out if you get a chance. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Like I needed more things to occupy my time!! My favorite store so far is "Wickedpen" It has the coolest vintage stuff - my favorites being the vintage slip dresses - they are so feminine and sexy.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! Like I needed more things to occupy my time!! My favorite store so far is "Wickedpen" It has the coolest vintage stuff - my favorites being the vintage slip dresses - they are so feminine and sexy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I clicked "Publish your comment" twice and I can't remove it

Robyn said...

I've never heard of Wickedpen. I'll have to check it out.

Anonymous said...

I checked it out, itchin to buy some jewelry...there isn't any!
By the way...love your new poll. This morning, before school, JuJu and I were coloring withour new box of 96 crayons and I thought, "I am so glad that I get the chance to play with my kids nearly every day"

Robyn said...

Sarah - getting the jewelry up will definitely be a work in progress. It takes so long to take the photos and get descriptions, not to mention just getting the store set up. Once I get it going it won't be so bad, but just the initial set up is a pain.

ManicMandee said...

I am impressed with you. What a fun and interesting person you are. You are talented. You did a great job on the watch you made me for my birthday.

Robyn said...

Thanks, Amanda! I can't wait to get the store up and running. It's taking me longer than I thought it would.

Anonymous said...

I'VE GOT IT!!! Her it is. My six word memoir..
Do you ever find the way.
Finally!!

Robyn said...

Sarah - I was going to remind you that you still needed to do your memoir, but you beat me to the punch. I love it!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. How did you come up with it?

Anonymous said...

Ok, I must confess that I came up with it while I was in the shower. I had just had a conversation about finding balance in your life and then I was checking out the blogs of some really cool artstic people and I was feeling all yucky and in a rut and thinking to myself, "There must be a way to do the things you want to do and the things you have to do" but then I thought, "Shit, my mom is 50 something and still trying to figure out the way." So not to ruin a perfect six words but I will elaborate on it. I chose that because I liked that it was a question. I think it emphasizes that I'm still looking and I will continue to. I haven't found the perfect balance and I don't think you ever do because your life constantly shifts but the key to finding some "moments" of perfect balance is to always look for them. If you examine your own beliefs, priorities, etc all the time then you are more likely to find some balance rather than struggle all the time against the things that you don't know about yourself.
Hope that all makes sense.
I had come up with two more but they seemed a little cynical. Like I had given up. I stole one line from a song..."A fish has a secret wish." A little too cryptic. Or the other one was a little too...narcissistic and cynical.
"Cloroful Bird Found: Missing her wings."

Anonymous said...

Oops, that's colorful not cloroful. Hehe

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I love your store and it was so exciting to see your work! I think the dew drops necklace is dreamy, the name suits it well. I look forward to seeing lots more treasures and I will definately be making a purchase soon.