
Hey, Everyone! Thanks for voting. Here are the results for how many shoes you own:
1 vote 3-4
1 vote 5-6
1 vote 7-9
3 votes 10+ (I'm glad I'm not the only one!)
I was shocked when I started to count how many shoes I actually own (I included my 2 pairs of winter boots and sandals). I have more shoes now than I did when I worked at the shoe store all those years ago. (Good times, huh, Lise?) I really only wear about 3 pairs on a regular basis. I think it's time to clear out my closets of the shoes that I just don't wear enough to keep, including the cool high heels I bought for Sarah and Jimmy's wedding and only wore them that one time. Then there are the shoes that I wish that I had more opportunity to wear like my black dress boots and a pair of black shoes with a square toe. Then there are the chunky ankle boots that are so cool, but damn uncomfortable to wear for more than an hour, kind of like my one and only pair of heels.
While you were counting your shoes, did you take note of how many shoes your spouse has? I bet he only has a few that he can get away with wearing all the time. I think Will has about four pairs of shoes and that includes his dress shoes that he only wears once a year to the Burns dinner when he wears his kilt. It hardly seems fair that they can get away with only having a few comfy shoes and women have so many shoes for different occasions. Maybe it's our own fault. Do we really need all those shoes? Could we be more like men and get away with only having a few shoes just for necessity? My guess would be yes. But that wouldn't be much fun!
Check out my new poll.
5 comments:
It's funny to read your blog, because seriously, just yesterday I was contemplating getting rid of some shoes I never wear. Still haven't decided.
Maybe we should offer each other some moral support to get rid of the shoes we don't wear. So, how many shoes do you have?
I didn't count my shoes but I know that there are A LOT! That darn Jimmy has 4 pairs! That's it! We should try it. Whittle down to 6 pairs!
In my house, it's Jake who has the shoe fetish - he is always buying new ones. Since I've started walking again I've asked for new running shoes for Mother's Day - I think that will bring me up to four pairs of shoes!
Erica - I'm surprised. I thought you would have more shoes than that.At least it's easier to decide which pair to wear.
Post a Comment