Monday, June 2, 2008

Rogers/Taylor Update

In case there are any of you out there that still don't know, we got our house. This whole thing has been going on since Easter! I'm a bit nervous to even officially announce our move because we don't close until June 11th and, as we have found out, anything can happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be any more trouble between now and then.

Kyla and Liam don't realize what's going on, but Moira is quite excited and keeps asking when we will be moving. Yesterday Will's parents looked after the kids so Will and I could get some work done. We cranked up the tunes and got busy cleaning and packing. We got a lot done, but there is still a lot left to do. We are keeping our current house and renting it out to a friend of Will's. He won't be moving in until July 1st so even though we can move into the new place in the middle of the month, we still get two weeks to move stuff over and get this place cleaned up. We can move at a more leisurely pace.

Moving is taking precedence right now, but I'm still trying to find time for my other projects. The Highland game season is in full swing so Will and I are both trying to get stuff done to sell at the games. I have to fit Avon in too and my poor Etsy site has been neglected. I've also come up with an Avon rep bag that I'm trying to get off the ground, but I've had to put that on hold for a while. Too many irons in the fire!

Moira has been on track break for the past two weeks. This is her last week then she goes back for a few more then she is off for almost all of July for her actual summer break. I can't believe that she will be in grade 2 by August. She will still be able to attend her school when we move. It's a good school and we didn't want to pull her out of it.

On Saturday night, our book club met for the first time. It was fun and at 10pm decided we better leave even if none of us wanted to. It was just nice to have some uninterrupted adult conversation. The next book we will be reading is "Mansfield Park" by Jane Austen. This is my first attempt at reading any of her books. PBS did a whole series on her works and I thoroughly enjoyed the movies so I'm hoping I will like reading them too.

2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Great update. I'm stressed just thinking about your current "to-do" list. Good luck! Let me know if I can help.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Robyn, I am so excited that you got the house at last and wow - is your move date ever coming up quickly! Congratulations, it will be wonderful to have all that extra space and so exciting to have new rooms to figure out. Moving is alot of work, especially with little ones in tow, but I know you guys will get family and friend support to help you through it. Just don't take on too much! I will be looking forward to pictures - the house looked so cool on the link you had sent me so I can only imagine how nice it will be with all your things in it. All those great windows...the pool in the summer...the property - the future looks very bright for you all indeed!