Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I know it's been awhile since I last posted anything. Life seems to slip by so quickly and then I'm stuck trying to catch up. So here I am trying to get you all caught up with what has been happening in our little corner of the world.



On Thursday, Moira won a citizenship award at school. Every month the school features a different character trait and April's was Courage. Although we're not sure why Moira was nominated for Courage, we were still happy that she was recognized.



Starting yesterday and going through next Saturday, a group of us crafters and artists have set up some of our wares to be sold at a local gift shop. This week is Be Kind to Animals Week so 5% of our sales will be donated to our local chapter of Animals in Distress. I'm really excited to be helping out the animals and to be selling my stuff. The first two sales we made yesterday were my some of my jewelry. It was a good feeling.


On top of that, the Highland Games season has started. Will's parents have already been to the one in Las Vegas and will soon be on their way to the ones in New Mexico and Arizona. I'm still making things for them to sell. The jewelry has slowed down, but cards and shortbread are still big sellers for me. This Thursday I will setting up a table downtown with some of my fellow Idaho Indie Works crafters for First Thursday. On the first Thursday of every month some of the stores downtown stay open later, the museum doesn't charge admission to get in and crafters, artists and musicians gather to show off their talents. This is the first time that I've participated in this event and the first time I've ever been to First Thursday. I'm really excited about it. I will keep you posted.

Today is Kyla's name day. If you aren't familiar with this concept, it is a fun celebration that some European countries do. Every family does it a little differently. Some celebrate it just like a birthday, some just to a little something. In our house, we keep it low key. I got Kyla a new set of Littlest Pet Shop animals and a book. For dinner I'll make something that she really likes. It's another way of celebrating a person and showing them that they are special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear things went well for you at the Craft Fair on Saturday. And I'm glad that you all are donating 5% to AIDA. I have taken two injured birds to their Bird Center on Foot Hills. It's a good place and it's nice to know that birds have somewhere to go when they are hurt or orphaned.

I'm sorry I couldn't come and see you on Saturday. Due to the rain there weren't many volunteers at the shelter walking the dogs so I felt like I had to stay a bit longer to give few extra dogs a chance to get outside. But maybe next Saturday...

And yes, I know what you mean by time slipping by. And it's not just us grown-ups that feel that way. Now even Walter keeps saying how time goes way too fast. Scary. Maybe it really does go faster than it used to be if even a 6-year-old can notice it.

-Terhi