Two days after my mom left, my dad, sister and nephew came down for a couple of days. Meanwhile, Will's brother-in-law and nephew also came down to stay for a week, not to mention two of Will's uncles and their wives were in town as well. It was an incredibly crazy weekend, but lots of fun too. I was happy to see my family again and Erica and I went to a thrift store and walked to the near by book store. It's hard being so far away from home and it all seems all the more painful when visits are few and far between.
Here are some random shots of our last weekend of September.

My dad and Liam taking Ashlee for a walk

The weather was very warm, but the water was cold. It didn't stop the kids from jumping in, though. This is Morgan taking a brave leap.

Kordon surprised us all by bringing down two of his turkeys. They are living a relatively comfortable life in the confines of the old dog kennel at Will's parent's house.

On Sunday evening we all got together at Will's parent's for dinner. It was the first time that I had met some of these people.
This weekend was the first we've had in quite a while where we didn't have anything planned. We all sat on the couch watching cartoons until noon on Saturday and today the girls and I actually made it to the cat shelter. I managed to get quite a bit of homework done. It was the perfect do nothing weekend.










2 comments:
I had such a great time with you guys!! I just wish it could have lasted longer!
Me too! You'll just have to plan another trip down when you can stay longer.
Post a Comment