Believe it or not, I really have missed you. Life is so incredibly busy and most of the time I don't know if I'm coming or going. This spring is going to be no exception. I'm finally in my last semester of school. I'm taking two intense classes and I'm awaiting my practicum placement. I'm also volunteering two mornings a week at Moira's school library. On top of all that, I still have my other responsibilities like kids, husband, home, pets and yard. There is little opportunity to do nothing anymore. I'm not really complaining, though. I've never been very good at sitting still.
Another thing I have going is selling my items at Green Chutes. It's a quasi artists' co-op with about 100 members. We pay a monthly fee plus a small percentage of our sales and we volunteer eight hours per month. I love it there! Not only is it a great place to sell my things, but everyone is so nice. It never ceases to amaze me how talented people are. It's rare that I can work a shift without buying something. I've been at Green Chutes for a year and a half, but I haven't taken any pictures of it, so I decided to rectify that.
Green Chutes is located in a retail space, but it's so big and open that it's like being in a warehouse (but nicer).
The store shares part of its space with a small cafe.
There are four of these shipping containers and this one is mine.
Hedgehog and tree stuffies
I love making pillows. They are like making a little piece of functional art. The pillow on the right with the state of Idaho on it is a good seller. I can't make them fast enough.
Colour-your-own pencil cases and a pillow with "love" embroidered on it.
The desk that I bought for $10 and completely refinished. That's Thelma sitting on top.
Colour-your-own zombie dolls, mens' scarves and womens' scarves
Here is Louise modeling for me.
Brooches
My clothing rack
Christmas ornaments I made that also double for Valentine's Day or any day, really.
Everything I make is made out of upcycled materials from t-shirts and blazers to coffee bags and sheets. I love the challenge of seeing beyond "what is" to "what could be". Anything that I think I can cut up and make into something else is fair game.



















1 comment:
Well, I'm sure glad I happened to check if you have started writing your blog again. Because you have!!
Oh my goodness, Robyn! You have made all those wonderful things?! You keep talking about Green Chute, but I have never seen pictures of it, let alone been there. The place is huge! And I never imagined that you are selling so many different things there. No wonder you are so extremely busy! Making all those things is a full time job in itself.
I have said it before, and I say it again. You are talented and extremely creative! I miss being in your company. You always inspired me, too. Not that I really did anything about it. But it was nice to dream. :)
Post a Comment