Saturday, March 16, 2013

March Madness

What happened? It went from the beginning of February to the middle of March. It feels like I barely blinked and so much time has gone by. I guess that's what happens when school consumes your life. At any given time throughout this whole semester, I have had 2-4 assignments going at the same time. And that doesn't include the weekly readings, lecture notes, and learning activities. I am so thankful this is my last semester. 

While I blinked, this is what happened:





Kyla lost her first tooth (February 28th). She had been waiting for so long for one to fall out and when it did, I think she was in a bit of shock. The Tooth Fairy brought her a new Rainbow Fairy book to read.


Will built the chickens a new coop out of pallets that he took apart. 





The chickens' first coop was smaller and we let them out everyday. But they are indiscriminate poopers which made it impossible to walk around the backyard in bare feet. Now they have their own run and a bigger coop. And hopefully we will have a cleaner backyard. 


The inside of the new coop. It's bigger with more perches and three nesting boxes. 




Dora and Isabella having a dust bath



Eagle and Penny getting cozy in some hay







 Lucy and Penelope spent the morning trading places inside my basket. 




Kyla just completed her first week of track break. One morning while Moira and Liam were both at school, the two of us went to the zoo and then out for hot chocolate. 

1 comment:

Terhi said...

The new chicken coop looks awesome! I bet the ladies love it! Good job, Will!

Congratulations to Kyla on losing her first tooth. It's a very important event.

You have well-mannered kitties. They have learned to take turns in your basket! I wish I could say the same about mine. Benny is such a bully that he takes over all the cool places.

I'm glad you and Kyla got to spend some quality time together. When you have more than one kid, those times are rare.

Don't blink. Otherwise it's going to be mid-April soon and I'm not ready for that yet. :)