I worked really hard sewing things for Green Chutes for the Christmas season and, in return, I sold a lot. Now I'm working hard again to get things stocked up. I've been wanting to make these girls' lined fleece skirts for a while now using up leftover fleece from various projects over the years and some satin fabric that I inherited from my mother-in-law. The satin lining will help keep little bums warmer when it's cold and stop the skirt from sticking to tights and leggings. As someone who wears skirts all year long, I can tell you that bunching skirts are a nuisance.
This bunny skirt is my favourite.
I like this kitty skirt, but I wished that I had made the face bigger. And the flower on the green skirt I crocheted myself and hand sewed it on.
Will has started back to school again to become a nurse practitioner. Another three years of homework and tests. Yuck!
I'm working on a project for myself that will combine three of my favourite things - crochet, embroidery and sewing. I'm going to crochet myself an afghan and embroider a design on it. Then I will sew on a fabric back and edging.
We have been suffering from an inversion for quite a while now and it looks like it will be here for quite a while. The days are dark and dreary. It's a good time to crochet and stay snuggled under the blankets.
And here's Penelope waiting for me to get off the computer so she can snuggle with me on the couch.
3 comments:
I love that afghan you are making!! How will you add fabric to the back of it?
I'm going to make the fabric backing bigger than the top and then fold over the sides like a bias tape finish. I think I'm going to embroidery a branch with cherry blossoms on it.
Those skirts look really cute! What a great idea to add lining to them. That's one reason I hate wearing skirts in winter - they always get stuck on tights.
Good luck with your new project. I look forward to seeing what how the afghan looks like when it's all finished. I'll bet it's going to be really nice and warm.
And good luck to Will with school. You guys are awesome! Always learning something new. :)
Post a Comment