Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Boy's Quilt


This is the quilt that I've been working on for The Boy. I started it a couple of months ago, but when he was born I wasn't able to work on it. Yesterday I was determined to finish it. I hated having it hang over my head. I also had some other projects that I wanted to start, but I felt like I needed to get this one completed first. I feel like I have a weight lifted off my shoulders, not to mention that I'm proud of myself for actually making a quilt. This is the third one that I've done. The next one I want to do is one for Will and I. I bought the fabric for it over a year ago, but never got a chance to work on it. I am determined to get it done by Christmas (of this year). 




This is a close up of some of the squares on the quilt. They look like old story book pictures. I saw the fabric on line and had to have it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Robyn! Way to go for finding the time to do it - that must not have been easy. He will love looking at all the pictures when he is falling asleep or waking up - or just cuddling under it on the couch. I love the triangle edges. Hey - I have a parcel all put together finally, it will be sent out tomorrow or Monday.

Anonymous said...

You made a beautiful quilt,Great Grandma would be very proud of your efforts !!!!!!!!

Love Mum XOXOXOXOX

Robyn said...

Thanks, Mum! The quilt she made me has always been an inspiration.