Sunday, October 28, 2007

Carving Pumpkins



I want to know what happened to carving a regular jack-o-lantern. You know, the triangle eyes and nose and some kind of goofy grin. At least Kyla got hers right! (Hers is the one on the right.)Now there are all of these fancy designs to scrape into the flesh. I ended up doing the cat pumpkin for Moira. It was such a pain, but she really wanted it and I didn't want to disappoint her. It took a couple of hours to prepare and carve these. I have to admit, though, they do look pretty cool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well worth the time you put into them Robyn - they are great pumpkins! We did ours last night, I'll put some pics up on facebook tonight. I had to carve out Oliver's, which was a bit tricky with all his edges, but you've got to make the kids happy, right?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Robyn! Caitlin was the only one who did a "traditional" pumpkin. It was funny though because Emily did the exact same thing as Moira. Those two are so alike it's scary!