Sunday, April 6, 2008

Weekend Update





I figured that since it's been a week and a half since I wrote in my blog, that I better update it. Nothing too exciting is happening so I haven't felt the need to say anything. 

Moira was on spring break the last week of March. We didn't do too much, but the week went by fast. She is now into Webkinz - stuffed animals that you buy and can play with on their website. It is pretty fun and I like to play too. You can play games to earn cash to buy stuff for your pets. You can interact with them and feed and bathe them. I'm thinking about getting one for myself so I have my own character to play with. 

Kyla is fine. We are still working on the potty training thing. Some days she does really well, and other days it's a fight. The whole thing is a slow process. She adores her big sister and follows her around and wants to do whatever Honey is doing. 

Liam is growing fast and is gobbling up cereal and veggies. He's starting to sit up on his own, although he is still a little wobbly. He rolls all over the place so I have to keep an eye on him when I put him down. He is so chunky and cuddly. I love to squeeze him!

Will is still enjoying his 8-5, weekends off job. In the evenings he serenades us with his bagpipes. He got his small ones working again so he can play these ones in the house without breaking our eardrums. 

As for me, I'm still working on Etsy and with the start of the Highland games season almost upon us, I've been busy with that too. The jewelry hasn't been selling very well so I'm having to expand. So many people are selling it now and a lot of them are looking to China to furnish them with products. I'm just one little Canadian girl trying to find a niche among 1.3 billion Chinese. Not an easy task! Last year I start selling Celtic inspired cards and they did pretty well so I'll try it again this year. I'm still doing the shortbread and am thinking about doing journals and headbands. We'll see how it goes. I'm still doing Avon. I'm hoping to expand my customer base here soon. 

We are talking about moving. The house is started to close in on us and it's driving us nuts. I can't imagine living in this house with three teenagers so we think it would be best to move so our family has room to grow. With it being a buyer's market right now we think we can get a good deal on a home. We are going to hang on to our house and rent it out until the market picks back up. Then we'll see about selling it. We have a house that we are interested in. It's a split level with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a swimming pool and a hot tub. It sits on almost half an acre and there are open fields full of sheep and llamas behind it. Moira will still be able to attend her same school. We like and didn't want to pull her out of it. Right now we are fighting with the bank because of their crappy business practices, but we hope to have it resolved by the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed. 

That's about all we are up to right now. I'm not complaining, though. Sometimes normal and boring is highly underrated

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Moving!!!! I didn't know. I didn't even think about it when you were talking about the bank yesterday. I would miss having you guys right there :( Very sad!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about this moving business! I love that kind of change and I truly understand needing more room to move about it. And a pool and a hot tub? Fields of sheep? Sounds good to me!

Robyn said...

I'm trying not to get too excited about it in case we don't get this house, but I left out the best parts of it. It has a laundry shoot and a red door! The two things I've always dreamed of having.