Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Evening Walks

Lately I've been walking in the evenings with Suki. This neighbourhood is huge and it's easy to do a lot of walking. This is my favourite stretch:


It's actually private property. It belongs to the city's irrigation district and is in between two streets with the backyards backing up to it. When I come down here, I put imaginary blinders on so I don't see fences and patios. Instead, it's just me and my dog walking down a long stretch of country field. There are lilac bushes and other blossoming trees that smell like heaven. It's a quiet get away where I can escape the noise and demands of every day life.



Today Suki and I saw some ducks in the little ditch that runs along the side.




Since I've taken photos from the back of the house looking out, I thought I would show you what the back of our house looks like looking towards it. This was taken from the street that runs behind our house on the other side of the fields. In the winter we can see our house better, but now that the leaves have all come back on the trees, it obscures the view.


2 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Those pictures are so pretty! Love evening Spring walks myself.

Anonymous said...

The first picture especially is lovely. I envy you for being able to walk there with Suki.
I wish dogs were allowed at the cemetary. That would be my favorite place to go for a walk with Lady. By the way, did I tell you that there are two baby reindeer instead of just one? Of course they are not babies anymore. They are more like teenagers now. :-)

Good luck with the First Thursday! I'm sure it will be fun.

-Terhi