Saturday, April 9, 2011

Flowers of Spring

It never ceases to amaze me when, in the spring, flowers start to magically appear in our yard. All the bulbs I had forgotten that I had planted and flowers that I thought were dead were really just hibernating under the soil. One by one they start to bloom and I'm excited for another season of warmth and growth.


My favourite daffodils that pop up in the middle of the back yard


Pansies I planted last fall that I thought were gone forever


Anenomes and tulips in the front garden outside of my work table


Will planted these primroses for me for Valentine's Day.


Yeah, I know this isn't a flower, but look how adorable she is!


5 comments:

Thom said...

I just thought you were showing how the cats also start to emerge from their warm beds in the spring. ;-)

Robyn said...

lol! Now that you mention it, since the weather isn't so cold anymore and the days are getting longer, the cats are much more active.

Terhi said...

Oh my goodness, where have I been?! I think I have checked your blog regularly, but seems like it's been quite a while, since I had no idea that you have changed the whole layout of your blog. And finally updated it. ;-)
I was shocked to read about what happened to Will at work! I had no idea his job is so dangerous. And obviously, if I had read your blog recently, I would have already known about your new patio cover and little chicks. The chicks have grown a lot since the picture!!
You are doing such a beautiful job with your blog. Keep up the good work!
By the way, now I, too, have a google account, because I'm in the process of creating my own blog. :-)

Robyn said...

Terhi - It's so hard to keep up with everything. I know you are so busy and I certainly don't expect you to check my blog often. I'm so glad that you will be starting your own. Is it going to be bilingual?

Terhi said...

I haven't decided, yet, whether to do my blog bilingual or not. FIrst I have to see if I can actualy do it at all. :-) I have already chosen the template and the background and the name, so that's a start. Now I just have to start posting...