Nothing too terribly exciting is happening, but here are a few random things that have been going on at our house.
In January, Moira had a duct tape project for school. She had to make something then make a Power Point presentation about it. She chose to make a skirt from an on-line tutorial. We had to modify it so that it fit better and put some darts in the back.
Will made the kids a brand new sandbox a few weekends ago. The kids love it and go out there almost every day. Which means that sand gets tracked into the house almost every day. I've been doing embroidery off and on for years. I mostly made stuff just for me, but lately I've been doing a lot more.
This is a drawing of Mrs. Puff Puff that Kyla made and left on my work table. I transferred the image and her signature on to some fabric and embroidered on it for Kyla for Christmas.
This is another piece that I made after being totally frustrated with the constant laundry there always seem to have.
Here are some other designs that I embroidered. Some I put in my Etsy shop and some I took down to Green Chutes.
The other day we had a full moon. I love the way it was showing through the bare willow tree in our neighbour's yard.
I completed this pillow the other day. It's made out of recycled t-shirts and sheets. Not sure if I'll list it our take it down to Green Chutes. So, that's about it for the Taylor/Rogers household. Always keeping busy.


4 comments:
Hi Robin,
I enjoyed visiting with you at Sarahs. Love your embroidery projects. May have to pick your brain. I have never embroidered but would like to give it a go.
Hey, Pam!
It was so good to see you again the other day. It was nice to get out of the house and have some adult conversation! Anytime you want to learn how to embroider, let me know. I'm still doing a lot of learning myself, but I love it! I find it very soothing.
I can imagine how excited the kids are about the sandbox. And it's under a tree so it won't get too hot even in the summer. Wise planning!
Good job with all the embroideries! Beautiful work.
Just a quick question... Do you still have the same 24 hours a day than the rest of us? :)
Ha ha, Terhi! Yes, unfortunately, my days only have 24 hours too, but a lot of things suffer because I'm busy downstairs sewing and making stuff. The house is a mess, I don't walk the dogs like I should and I don't do enough fun things with the kids. I've had to pick and choose what's important and what's OK if I slack off on. They aren't easy decisions, that's for sure.
Post a Comment