Friday, June 1, 2012

Visit Home

For my birthday, Will got me a plane ticket home to see my Nana on Vancouver Island over the Memorial Day weekend. This was the first time I have gone anywhere without at least one of my kids. It was odd to be alone, but I enjoyed the break and lack of responsibility. 


The reason for my trip



Mum and I went over to the island together. 



We got to sail on one of the newer, bigger ferries. This is the stern, featuring a coffee shop and...



a panoramic view. All ferries also have a restaurant and a gift shop. I love the ferry!





Being a government institution, Queen Elizabeth II always sails on the ferry, although I have noticed that her place isn't as prominent as it once was. 



The new Canadian $100 bill. It has a see-through strip and transparent maple leaf. The bills have a plastic-y feel to them. It even smells faintly of maple syrup. 


Chilliwack and Yarrow:








I also got a brief visit with my sister, nieces and nephews.






 My trip went by so fast, but I enjoyed being home with my family. 



No comments: