Thursday, June 7, 2012

Zoo Boise

My dad came down for a visit the other day. Yesterday we spent the day downtown. We went to the zoo, Julia Davis Park, the Beanery for lunch and Rediscovered Books. It was fun to get out and enjoy a day on the town. 


My dad


Morgan, Moira, Kyla and Liam at the rose garden in Julia Davis Park


This poor Gibbon looks so sad. I guess I would be upset if I was locked up too. However, this one...

kept swinging around and around on the bar. The kids got a big kick out of it. 


Moira and Morgan - thick as thieves





The giraffes are so beautiful to look at. 

They kept playing a game where one would head butt the other in the rear and then the other would reciprocate. They played like that for a long time. 




A sloth bear from India


Prairie Dog

There were a few baby prairie dogs running around, including this one that I've circled. He was very curious and was watching the kids through the glass bubbles. 
 If you click on the photo, it will enlarge so you can see it better. 

I can't remember what this bird was, but it had a very impressive wingspan. 


The butterfly exhibit was at the zoo again. Moira and I could spend hours in there. Alas, we had to suffice with fifteen minutes. Liam so badly wanted to have a butterfly land on him, and when we left he cried because none did. 

This butterfly landed on the back of Moira's leg. After a short stint there, it then landed on Morgan's leg where it stayed for the rest of our visit.  







Meerkats

I love how this one is sunning his belly. 


This spider monkey kept posing for me. 


This other spider monkey sat with his arms and legs folded the whole time. He reminded me a bit of Buddha. 




Liam fell asleep not long after we got home. It was a busy day. 


No comments: