

Skye would've been three years old today. I think about her every day. I remember holding her in my arms and kissing her good-bye. I wonder what she would be like. Would she be cheeky and lively or quiet and relaxed? What would she have wanted to dress up as for Halloween? Would she be a daddy's girl? What colour would her eyes and hair be now? I will always have a hole in my heart for her. No amount of love could fix it. I think of her as my newly born son cries and I mail out invitations to my third daughter's birthday party. Two lives that never would have existed if Skye had lived. It's all so bittersweet.
These photos are what's left of my little girl. The box holds her things, including stuff that I collected for her, the quilt I made for her to sleep with and gifts that family members had sent. The box is in the living room and I put family photos on top of it because she is a part of our family. I feel that she should still be included in our daily lives.
3 comments:
I think about her all the time too and when people ask me I always tell them that I have three nieces and one nephew. She will always be a part of our lives, Robyn. I feel very bittersweet about Connor because they would have been the same age and whenever he reaches a certain milestone in his life I think about Skye and that she would be doing the same things.
I love you very much
Wow Robyn, I am so glad you posted this. Yesterday I was searching in my sock drawer and found my Maya cards from people. I found myself staring at her ultrasound photo and of the cord connecting us and had a good cry. Then I heard Lane cry for me so I put on my socks and nursed him and thought about how he wouldn't be here if I had Maya. We must have been on the same wavelength. I can't explain why any of this happens, just that I am grateful for the life we do have. Skye's possesions are lovely. The Big Red Barn is one of my favorites, I will think of her whenever I read it. Big kisses and hugs to you, Love, Lise
Hi Robyn,
I love reading your blog, you've always had a great way of telling a story!
I always think about your little girl Skye, since we were both expecting together and our due dates were days apart. The loss of a child is something a mother never gets over, I am very inspired to see how you ensure that Skye's memory is kept alive, that's wonderful! You are a such a great mom!
Love,
Mirna
Post a Comment