Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kyla!

Today is Kyla's 3rd birthday. It's hard to believe that three years have already gone by, but at the same time, I have a hard time remembering life before her.

We had a birthday party for her yesterday. Grandma and Grandpa came over, along with cousins Olivia and Jamie, and our friends, the Strattons. We kept everything low key so the kids could just have time to play together. It's hard to plan games when there are big age differences between them all. 


Singing Happy Birthday to my little girl.


Instead of making a birthday cake, I baked cupcakes inside ice cream cones and then covered them in chocolate icing and coloured sprinkles. I also made some "animal crackers" using little animal cookie cutters and sugar cookie dough. 


Liam scarfed his cupcake down faster than some of the big kids



Everyone wanted to help Kyla open her presents. 



This morning, Kyla opened her presents from us. 


Kyla said she wanted some pictures to hang on her bedroom wall so I made this for her. I already had the wooden cut outs from when she was a baby (I had them on her wall above her crib) so I got a piece of canvas and painted on the squares. One thing I love about Kyla being so young is that I got to paint this in front of her and it didn't even dawn on her that this was a present for her birthday. 


Listening to Kitty Grandma sing Happy Birthday to her on the phone. 

4 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I love what you did for the treats. Happy Birthday to a very cute little girl, Kyla!

Anonymous said...

That's so great!! I love the picture you did for her wall - it looks wonderful! It looks like she had a wonderful birthday. Give her a big hug and kiss for me!!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful gifts, Robyn! You did a great job on the wall hanging. Kyla looks so happy the whole time, I love the pics of her opening gifts with her bare tummy. The animal cookies look awesome by the way! We love you Kyla!

Robyn said...

Neither of the girls wear pajamas to bed and after I took the pics of Kyla opening her presents first thing in the morning, I was almost afraid to post them. I don't want people to think that I take indecent photos of my kids.