Monday, November 17, 2008

Poll Results


Thanks for voting. Here are the results for what was your favourite class at school:

     3 votes English
     1 vote Biology
     2 votes History
     2 votes Other

I voted for Other because my favourite class was Art. In grade 12, I took three art classes. They were all drawing and painting classes and I loved every second of it. I even had aspirations of attending the Emily Carr School of Art and Design, which has recently become a university. (See photo above). I had an awesome art teacher for grade 10 and 11. Her name was Mrs Paul and I wanted her life. I thought she was an interesting person.  I wanted to teach art too so I could be just like her. After I graduated from high school I decided to wait a year before going back to school and just worked instead. When it came down to it, I chickened out of applying to the school. I already knew that it was a hard school to get into and I didn't have the confidence to try. I didn't want the rejection so I thought it would be easier if I didn't even put in the effort. How very sad. 

Check out my new poll.  

15 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Oh, and sorry I seem to have dogged your book club. It was super cool too!!!!!!!!

Robyn said...

Gee, thanks! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Robyn, I dreamed of going to Emily Carr also and I chickened out because I knew it was hard to get into!

Robyn said...

I didn't know that, Lise. Isn't that sad that we were afraid of the competition to get in? Think of where we might be if we had faced our fears.

Anonymous said...

we might have met at college instead of at a shoe store!

Robyn said...

I never thought about that. I think that sounds much more romantic than the shoe store. Although, I'm not going to complain because I'm just happy that our paths crossed and we became friends.

Anonymous said...

You're right. And would we have had the chance to swoon over Wayne at college? Or try on hooker books up in the stock room? I think not.

Anonymous said...

I mean boots! Hahahaha! What would a hooker book be I wonder...

Robyn said...

You swooned over Wayne too? I had such a crush on him. He was so cute! And those hooker boots were something else, weren't they? Ah, good times!

Anonymous said...

Wayne was incredible...he looked like John Cusack. And so funny and nice, I wonder if he knew he had a fan club?

Robyn said...

Are we thinking of the same guy? Wayne was Chinese. Are you thinking of Dwayne who liked to say the word "postulate"?

Anonymous said...

hahaha - please! Dwayne? No, no, Wayne fan club all the way. He looked like an Asian John Cusack - we used to joke with Sam about that - remember? And how on earth do you remember Dwayne saying "postulate"? I'm going to have to go look it up now! I do remember that I lent Jeremy all my Doors tapes and he never game them back...rookie move on my part. Jason still teases me about that. Fortunately I don't miss them.

Robyn said...

You thought he looked like an Asian John Cusack? I don't remember that at all. Dwayne loved to say postulate because most people didn't know what it meant and it sounds kind of like masturbate. It would always take the customers by surprise. I don't remember Sam. Who was that? I do remember Jeremy. He was SO cute, but a total scammer. He managed to borrow money off Linda from The Sunglass Hut a couple of times and never paid her back. And his favourite word was "choice".

Robyn said...

Ohhhhh! Samantha! Duh!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, yes it's Samantha - you had me worried there for a minute! Now I remember Jeremy saying choice all the time, so funny that you remember words people used! Must come from being such a good reader. And also funny that I thought Jeremy was cute because he is so not cute to me by my today standards.