My little baby boy! I can't even call him a baby any more. He has grown so much these past few weeks. He was really slow with the walking and showed no interest in it. Why would he when scooting was so much faster! He would try to walk, but if he was in a hurry, walking only slowed him down. Today Liam decided that it was better to walk so all day he didn't do that funny little thing that he does to get around. It was so great to see this huge milestone, but, at the same time, it meant that another stage in his life was over. Here is a video I took this afternoon of Liam's new talent. (I couldn't rotate the screen. Sorry! You'll just have to tilt your heads.)
I was beginning to think that Liam was going to talk before he walked. Check out the words he can already say:
daddy
hi
more
ball
bowl
balloon
kitty
bird
plane
shoe
bye (bye-bye)
light
Not too bad for a 16 month old. The words aren't completely clear, but you can understand what he is saying, especially when he is pointing.
My boy. A baby no longer.
4 comments:
He looks like such a little man. A really cute man that is! I can't believe how fast it's flown by myself.
Hooray for Liam! I just watched this with Lily and we were very impressed! We love his big grin also. Now the next time you visit he can chase Lane around. That's an awesome set of words he can say also...Lane says some things but he likes to use the word "bah" for everything. It means milk (nursing) to him, and is his favorite word so even when he says star he likes to tack bah on after!
Hooray! I can't believe he can do it so well already! He was just wanting you to think that he couldn't do it - he's probably been doing it for months behind your back!!
Erica - probably! I think he just needed it to be the right time for him. What made that day the one, I don't know.
Lise - I can't wait to get the boys together again. They are going to be good friends. I like that Lane has a fave word. It just goes to show what is important to them in their lives.
Post a Comment