Ever since it was announced that there was going to be a big bash for Nana's 80th birthday, I knew I wanted to do something special for her. I decided to make her a quilt with all of our pictures on it. I immediately contacted all of my family members for photos of them with their families. This is how it turned out:






(A special thanks goes out to Terhi who happily answered my endless questions and went out of her way to help me. )
5 comments:
Oh Robyn, this is simply beautiful! What a wonderful idea, I bet you were thinking of your Nana the whole time you were making it. Was she thrilled?
Nana was very excited and couldn't believe that everyone was on it. It was hard work making the quilt, but I really enjoyed it. Now I don't know what to do with myself. Time to start a new project!
Robyn I want to thank you so much for the gift of the family quilt also so for the time and thought that went into the creating. I know it takes a lot of time to put these things together. I want you to know that I appreciate every stitch. I have it on top of the green chair. It is folded in quarters and I turn it every day so that I can see every ones faces every 4th day. I hope that you know how special you are to me, I am very proud to have you as my granddaughter. You have grown up to be a wonderful person. We are all the richer for having you in our lives.
I adore you, Nana. My life wouldn't have been nearly as complete without you in it. I loved making your quilt and seeing it all come together. I'm so happy that you like it.
I have always wanted to make a quilt just like that. Honest to goodness. Awesome!!!!
Your trip was amazing. So glad for that.
So that book I read was called "Hunger Games" and it was a real page turner. I was disturbed by it, but I still would recommend it.
When do you want to play Scrabble?
Post a Comment