It was Nana's 80th birthday on September 30th. Auntie Heather and Uncle Brian planned a big party/family reunion for her in Duncan. I had been counting the days since January. I got to reconnect with relatives that I haven't seen since I was very young. It really brought home how important family is to me. I will take the good, the bad and the ugly just to have them in my life. I will not take any of them for granted again and will do my best to keep in touch with every one. It felt so good to belong. They are all my family, my tribe, my past, present and future.
This is where we camped for the weekend. We stayed in a nearby town called Crofton and stayed right on the water. That is our tent trailer on the right. We got to watch the ferry go back and forth to Salt Spring Island all day. At night I heard some sea lions.I don't have a lot of reunion photos so when I get some I will post them. There were so many people taking photos that we didn't really bother.
Saturday was the day for the birthday party. It was held at the Oceanside Grand Resort in Cowichan Bay.
I was so thrilled that Will and I and the kids were able to spend some quiet time with Nana and Papa, just us. I really miss them and wish that I could see them more often.


1 comment:
I was so happy to hear that you had a lovely trip though I can remember you always have to tote along so much stuff and even then there were items you for got. Like rain hats.
I hope that my legacy would be that my family will always be in touch and fix a date and all make a point to meet every 5 years or something like that. Bring along all the old pics and do lots of remembering of the wonderful time in the past and there were lots of them
Me. I am looking forward to my 90th Birthday
Post a Comment